February last year I started this blog. I didn’t know what I wanted out of it, I didn’t know what I wanted to say. I didn’t even know if I could do it.
I don’t really do deep very well, so I won’t bore you with the details. I was in a bad place. I wanted to get away from reality. And it worked. This blog helped me in more ways than I could have ever imagined. It isn’t just about writing. It’s about all the people who read it and the support. WordPress is truly one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
It’s funny how nothing of significant interest has changed in real life, but somehow I feel better about myself. I feel like I actually did something in the past year. I feel…good. I’ve discovered that writing is something I’d really like to pursue in the future. I’ve become slightly more confident about myself in the last year. I realized that everyone has a story and we don’t give nearly enough time to get to know each other, but once we do, even the most normal people can surprise you. I’m glad I know your stories.
It’s been one year, the first of many I hope, thank you all so much for making it so great. WordPress has become a huge part of my life, only because of you. All of you.
We’ve laughed together, and been Sad Pony together. Some of you have agreed to marry me (whee!), and we’ve even planned blog orgys together. It’s these silly little things that make me happy.
A week ago, a friend of mine asked why I blog. Even after a whole year I really don’t have an answer. It’s just better, better than so many things.
I blog because it’s better than:
- Night clubs
- Silent rooms
- Meaningless mind-numbing conversations with real people
- Staring at my computer screen
- Playing seven hours of solitaire
- Being naked without doing anything productive
- Talking about your internet addiction (no, you have to blog about your internet addiction)
- Morning coffee
- Bedtime stories
- Reading Cosmo
- Drinking Cosmos
- Trying to diet
- Talking to yourself
- Trying to put on sexy underwear, without telling anyone about it (you put on sexy underwear, you tell the people of the internet)
- Texting for hours about nothing
- Sexting complete strangers
How long have you been blogging? And why do you do it?