Hi everyone, I’m back!
South East Asia was absolutely amazing, I had a wonderful time. My neighbor is a tad disappointed that nothing life changing happened. I got a really great tan, doesn’t that count? And I am proud to tell you that I didn’t get sand in my butt. Much.
Anyway I went to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore and this is what I learnt:
- Taxis in Bangkok come in a bazillion colors.
- It’s easy to get lost in Bangkok. Easier still to get lost in Bangkok four times on the same day, within three hours.
- Immigration officers are surprisingly attractive. Best not to stare too long though.
- There is a Chinatown and Little India in so many countries.
- I discovered a talent for finding Little India no matter where I am.
- Street food is the best thing ever. So good!
- Street food will kill me someday. Remember how I said I’d eat something that’d make wish death would come sooner? Yeah, turns out Thai food isn’t friendly to peanut, coconut, or seafood allergies. Why can’t allergies go on vacation for a few weeks too?
- Coffee jelly is a real thing. Am I the only one who just found out? It’s such a fun way to get your daily caffeine buzz.
- When a peacock walks into a Starbucks in Singapore, it’s totally normal.
- And nobody is amused when it’s baby walks in behind it.
- Sometimes communication problems lead to accidentally renting a town car and a chauffeur. It’s only fun until you have to pay up.
- Fifty Shades of Grey is still listed as a bestseller in bookstores all over the world, and that makes me sad.
I’m so glad to be back! Can’t wait to catch up on all your blogs.