I wear prescription glasses. Do you know what that means? That means I’m a nerd. Do you know what nerds do? We play video games. (No, really, every person who wears glasses is invariably a nerd, and we really do spend all day playing video games)
We also fantasize about video game characters.
I have a friend who’s first love was the beautiful Farah from Prince of Persia.
His love was of the purest kind. I know that because back in 2003, Farah did not look like that! More a geometrical than voluptuous. Then there are other guys hopelessly in love with those
skanky looking other characters. For the amount of butt-kicking those girls do, their clothes do not look comfortable. (If I was going to kill a bunch of people I would not be wearing a skirt. I mean, the number of times the thing could get stepped on, caught in something, shredded in a propeller! Way too high maintenance. I get it, she wants to distract the guys, keep the odds in her favor. But no, just no.) (Or maybe they’re just really good at keeping the skirt from getting stepped on. Good for them!)
Me? I’ve loved and lost (Gordon Freeman anyone?). Right now, it’s the gorgeous Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series.
Why you should love him too:
- He’s funny
- He’s hot in your average guy kinda way. Not too brawny, not too skinny, just the way Goldilocks would like him.
- He’d never double cross you. Not even for a city of gold
- He’s got a good heart
- He’s good in bed
- He knows how to handle a gun. Many varieties in fact
- He will save you from the bad guys every single time, and don’t we all love being rescued?
- He has shown proficiency in battling yetis and zombies, a quality that will always come in handy.
- He can hang off a cliff for hours on end. Not many people can do that anymore.
- He’s loyal to his friends
- He is not a slut. (I know that because I read his diary, and he’s only had a handful of girlfriends)
- He’s a treasure hunter. He has to be loaded!
- He’s just awesome, okay?
I can’t wait to play Unchartered 3! I know, I know, what kind of nerd am I if I didn’t pre-order it last year. I’m the nerd on a budget, okay?
Do you play video games? Who are your favorite characters?