I have a cold. Not just any cold, a LIFE THREATENING cold.
Remember when you were little being sick was like going on vacation? All the things you’d try to maybe catch a cold or fake a fever just to get out of school. Why is it that as an adult being sick always feels like death is coming?
But despite all that, I still don’t mind being sick. It has it’s benefits (or it may just be my near-death optimism talking). 10 great things about being sick:
- Nyquil induced sleep is some of the best sleep I get all year.
- Having a fuzzy head. Walking around is like being on a roller-coaster. Whee!
- Weird dreams. Gerard Butler was helping me to do my laundry. Aaah…the way that man can fold a sock.
- My dog takes care of me…kind of.
- This should have been number one. No work! (Unfortunately I was sick over the weekend)
- Getting out of Auntie Nina’s tea party. A lady in the other building goes by Auntie Nina. She likes to throw tea parties. Is that weird you ask? There are simply no words.
- Sympathy callers. Don’t you love sympathy callers?
- Magic manicures. I woke up to rainbow nails. Said sympathy callers may have dropped by, I don’t remember. Or it could have been the little elves that I also dreamed about.
- Simultaneously sweating and shivering. When I close my eyes it’s like I’m at the beach and in the Arctic at the same time!
- Sexy cold voice. I think I’m making some people uncomfortable by answering the phone like this.