My internet was out.
For two whole weeks, my internet was OUT. I called the service provider so many times the customer service rep and I are BFFs now. I know his kid’s name and everything.
It was not an easy two weeks. It was like being in Cast Away, but unlike volley ball Wilson, my dog did not want to have long conversations with me.
Me without the internet for two hours:
While the internet was out, I figured I might as well use the time to take a break from my computer. I’ve been meaning to do it anyway.
My computer is my life! I read on it, I work on it, I blog on it, and if it were possible I’d eat on it too. Virtual food looks so much better than when I cook the real thing.
Things I learnt from taking a (devastatingly long) computer break:
- Coffee becomes a necessary part of life.
- My place is inadequately equipped. I had the thoughts (cringe) ‘well I should go look that up in an encyclopedia’, which was immediately followed by ‘Shit. I don’t have an encyclopedia’
- Newspapers suck.
- The sun is SO bright. (in a very good way)
- My legs are as pale as a computer geek (wait…I am a computer geek)
- Technology is crucial for cooking. How do you convert ounces to grams manually?!
- Books ‒ real physical books ‒ are so relaxing.
- Books are heavy.
- I love writing in yellow legal pads.
- Dancing in the rain is crazy fun.
All in all, the break was perfect. I think I really needed it. I had a ridiculous amount of free time without my computer. It was fantastic.
Did you ever take a break from your computer?