My brain is not my friend. It has this thing of going into overdrive mode at the worst possible time. Like if you’re going on stage and you’re completely fine, it’ll decide to flood your mind with every anxiety you ever had just before stepping to the podium.
But at least with high anxiety situations you know it’s coming. What about completely normal situations? How are you supposed to know when your brain will decide to go into overdrive then? Anxiety is a bitch.
Things I’ve thought way too much about in the past week:
- Giving a hug. I love giving hugs. But all of a sudden it was too much! Duration? Pressure? Arm position? Gaaaah.
- Going to the bathroom during dinner. I was out with some friends. I needed to, erm, relieve myself, as all humans do. But what is the best time to excuse yourself? Before or after the main course? Before dessert so that you can fully enjoy it? You can’t simply get up during the meal! Everyone will realize that women pee too.
- About the word ‘mossy’. Do you ever get that feeling where when you’re staring at a completely regular word for too long it starts to look unusual? I was typing the word and the more I stared at it the weirder it felt. Is it even a real word? Am I using it right? Does it sound dirty?
- Mouth wash. The supermarket is a dangerous place for the over-thinker. There are far too many choices there, and way too much thought put behind the marketing of each product (which totally works). Dozens of mouth washes to choose from, but the need for exactly ONE. What to do? Green? Blue? Pink? Pink tastes horrible. Blue does nothing more than make me look like a teeth-carer…given that someone is making personality judgments on me based on the contents of my bathroom. Do you go small or industrial size? It is mouthwash after all. After years I finally managed the toothpaste conundrum by getting two toothpastes, you can’t do that with mouthwash. It’s a completely different problem here.
- This post. Oh gosh, I used the word pee in point 2. Pee?! *facepalm* Now I’ve done it again! People are going to be either a) very disgusted, or b) realize they have to pee too. Replace the word! With what? With…asparagus. Yes. Why does my brain associate the word pee to asparagus? It’s okay. We’re all adults here. We can handle one little word.